keyboard_arrow_right
keyboard_arrow_right
Sushi Go Party! For a Few Rolls More
Board Game Reviews

Sushi Go Party! For a Few Rolls More

Right when you thought getting sushi with your friends could not get any better, Gamewright delivers a fun pick and pass card game. A game that looks fun and silly on the outside, delivers all that and a rich core game play that if underestimated will leave you hungry.

What is fun about this game, and keeps the sushi fresh is that menu can be changed every game. The game’s instructions include a couple themes to play along with, however the level of creativity with the menu has many options. Personally one of my favourite menus is the Cut Throat menu, not only do the cards help you, but collecting the cards can really damage the opponents. With so many different options though it is hard to have a strategy that can be used every game, a good player will keep flexible and able to quickly adjust. With up to a possible eight players, there is a lot of sushi that one has to keep an eye on.

My business tipĀ  is to look at the sets of cards, and determine how much each card is really worth. If collecting two of the same rolls will reward you with 5 points, when collecting three rolls of another sushi will earn you 9 points sometimes it is worth the risk.

Sushi Go Party! is great to pull out during an intense night of board games, or a night where a group of people are just sitting around wondering what to do. This helps the game be very diverse, and great for a wide range of situations. Everyone will be down for some sushi.

Twitter
LinkedIn
Instagram

15 Comments

1. Zohra
    February 18, 2017 at 1:07 am

What a yummy game! Now I feel like sushi :/

2. Cody Cabral
    February 19, 2017 at 1:04 am

I can’t believe the games these companies are coming up with! great article.

3. Ava Gehres
    February 23, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Great article. Crazy ideas for games that they come up with these days. Keep it up Ryan.

4. ava
    February 28, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Sounds like an interesting game

5. Megan Gowans
    March 1, 2017 at 3:47 pm

This game is super kawaii! I love the artwork and how easy it is for newbies to pick up.

I know you play with your housemates and a fun trick we do to keep things interesting is to write the winners name on the inside of the box. Keeps things competitive and bragging rights provable!

• Ryan Huckla
      March 3, 2017 at 7:13 am

Great idea, though I don’t need another reason for them to target me.

6. Poornima Rajasekar
    March 1, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Chess has always been my all-time favorite game. But am glad that I finally get to learn something beyond and new for a pass-time! Of all the three games that’s been reviewed, my ‘vote’ goes for this one!

• Ryan Huckla
      March 3, 2017 at 7:17 am

Have you checked out Chess 4? Same great game, but this time you have two other opponents to worry about. Check it out along with Sushi Go Party!

7. Hilary T
    March 2, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Sounds great Ryan, I do love a strategic game. If you’re looking for more to write about in the future i’d suggest Pandemic, the instructions are strenuous to read, but once you understand the rules it’s really fun!

• Ryan Huckla
      March 3, 2017 at 7:15 am

Oh yes I have played, however I am not a fan of cooperative games. I like to keep things on a competitive edge between players.

8. Marcus
    March 3, 2017 at 3:26 pm

I feel like I’ve seen this game around a lot but never played it. To be honest, I thought it was a kid’s game at first, but I guess not! Thanks for reviewing it, I’ll have to give it a try!

9. Navi Singh
    March 7, 2017 at 10:34 pm

I have tried sushi but i did’t know that there is a game too. The game sounds so interesting and Ryan you gotto teach me how to play.

10. Rishabh Purohit
    March 8, 2017 at 12:33 am

I Never knew that there was a game on sushi, but my suggestion is how about we play and the player who lose the game have to buy sushi for everyone

11. Rachel Hall
    March 8, 2017 at 2:02 am

I have to say, you had me at the name of the game…’Sushi Go Party’. You discuss two of my favourite things- sushi and games. Great job!

12. Sam Janjac
    March 13, 2017 at 6:43 pm

TOTALLY TRYING THIS OUT!….going to be trying all the games you recommended actually Ryan… Thanks!