keyboard_arrow_right
keyboard_arrow_right
Exploding Kittens, The Cat’s Meow
Board Game Reviews

Exploding Kittens, The Cat’s Meow

Let’s begin by saying that no cats are harmed during the playing of this game. Now that we have that cleared up, this record breaking Kickstarter funded game may be the cutest way of playing Russian Roulette. What makes this game such a blast to play is that the gameplay is fast-paced, and to learn only takes a few minutes (learn how here).

Since this game is heavily a game about odds, players need to be keeping an eye on your hand, the other players’ hand, and the deck. As fun as it is to be picking up the fun colourful cards, forget about the exploding kittens for too long and it’s likely to blow up in your face. At the same time, if you play your cards too early you’ll find yourself relying on your belief in the heart of the cards. The best plan of action is to lay low, and not target or become the target of the other players. Once players know where the exploding kittens are, the game dynamics are all about controlling the flow of the game.

A game that claims to be a card game for people who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes goats, this game delivers all that and more. I highly recommend this game for a fun way to pass the time and have a good time with people. Additional copies can be added on to increase the game from 5 players and can be purchased currently only at Amazon.

Twitter
LinkedIn
Instagram

11 Comments

1. Linnea Davis
    February 24, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Hey Ryan, is this game similar to any classic games?

• Ryan Huckla
      March 3, 2017 at 7:24 am

Aside from Russian Roulette I am not sure, however with all the games out there I’m sure there is a history of something like this…probably with fewer kittens though.

2. Maryna
    February 28, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Wow, you’re giving some good advice here! I like this game. I think I would enjoy playing it.

3. Thelma Igbre
    March 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Haha! I’m buying this game and taking it with me to my next family gathering.
    Great post!

4. Graeme Collins
    March 1, 2017 at 8:06 pm

My friend has this game and anytime we try to play it always just ends with us laughing and forgetting about the real point of the game.

• Ryan Huckla
      March 3, 2017 at 7:21 am

If you think this version is fun you might want to check out the Not Safe For Work edition with all the stuff you love with some boob wizards and sometimes butts thrown in for good measure.

5. Daniella
    March 2, 2017 at 1:32 am

Great post Ryan! My family and I always have an annual Christmas game tournament and Exploding Kitten’s is on the top of my list to play.

6. Tandi
    March 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm

As someone who is into kittens and explosions and laser beams and (most of the times) goats, this game sounds super entertaining! I think it’s great that through this project you are able to #bringboardgamesback. This game sounds like a lot of fun, and I’m gonna have to check it out!

7. Daria
    March 3, 2017 at 2:41 pm

It seems to be extremely interesting game!

8. Ekta Barot
    March 7, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Awasome Ryan..Your post is so fanny and it made me to buy the game as early as possible and play it with family and friends..Best work really..

9. Rebecca
    March 8, 2017 at 1:01 am

I’ve never played any board games besides monopoly and checkers, but the games you’ve reviewed so far seem like a lot of fun- will be checking them out. I look forward to your next review.